continuous button press on WASD

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

francozola72

continuous button press on WASD

Post by francozola72 »

I have been following the tutorial 09 WASD and even using the profile i keep getting continuos button press as if the button was held down, not sure whats going on, am i missing something obvious?
sillywicks

Re: continuous button press on WASD

Post by sillywicks »

I am getting this error as well. Using a Spacepilot Pro (so, slightly older device); have tried a number of things without much luck.
sillywicks

Post by sillywicks »

UPDATE: When you open a blank notepad, it will call itself [ Untitled - Notepad ], however, as soon as you do anything - typing anything - it will change to [ *Untitled - Notepad ], and this will cause a conflict with the profile target and cause the key to remain pressed.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

Unfortunately, this is a Notepad quirk. No workaround is available, other that when you open notepad, save right away, then set it as a target in CMJ so that it uses the correct titlebar name.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
Schmoking

Post by Schmoking »

Ooof... i just spent hours trying to figure this out, i thought the program was broken!
Even saving the notepad doesn’t work for me, i even tried to have the script save the notepad itself by adding shift+s but it doesn’t work... the first letter just keeps repeating!

Then i tried opening a Rich Text Document - WordPad
And now it works fine.... it will even save itself! 🧐

I wish i had known this, cmj tells me to use notepad even though it doesn’t work 😤
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

I have been trying to undo the Notepad mentions in the help and website in favor of Wordpad. Did you see Notepad mentioned in the tutorial profiles?
Schmoking

Post by Schmoking »

Yes, the tutorial profiles said to use notepad, i was using the steam trial version.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

We'll update the tutorial to indicate that Wordpad is preferable.