3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact. Device cannot be identified.

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

ixside

3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact. Device cannot be identified.

Post by ixside »

Hi,

The problem is the program doesn't run. It says "Device cannot be identified" and it never allows me to proceed. I'm running on Windows 10 with latest mouse drivers from 3DxWare. The error window does not prevent from accessing the interface of the program. Though, I see no bindings available in 3DxWare section. What do I do wrong? I want to utilize my mouse in Elite: Dangerous.

Thanks
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact. Device cannot be identified.

Post by DevRuss »

We are looking at this issue. We added Compact support in the most recent version, but if you already have the latest version, this bug is a bit of a mystery.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

We are working on the fix for this. The error that caused the crash *may* have been fixed in the new patch. We can’t duplicate this error here.

Note: This patch is available for the registered and trial version available on the tetherscript website. It won’t work on the Steam version.

Instructions
Replace the v5.3.45.89 controlmyjoystick.exe with the following v5.4.17.19 executable which contains a possible fix for the 'Device cannot be opened' and 'Device cannot be identified' bug. This is only the executable only. If this fixes the problem, we'll release the full installer. The new executable will work with your existing product key and also extends the trial period.

https://tetherscript.s3-us-west-2.amazo ... e_only.zip

Please let me know if this fixes the problem or not.
Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought a Spacemouse and am trying ControlMyJoystick. I downloaded the replacement executable file, but my Spacemouse still isn't listed as a device.

Like others, I want to see how well it works before purchasing your software.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

We'll try to add Compact support for the next version. This issue persists with the current version.