The latest beta news and bug reports.

Moderator: DevRuss

DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

• Tweaked the profile target functionality so now you can set the delay that occurs immediately after the target app is activated. This delay is set in the profile target edit window, and is used to give the target window enough time to become active. A small and simple window like Notepad may only take 10ms, but a larger running game window may take 50ms or more before it is ready to accept commands from CMJ.
  • Added a statusbar at the bottom of the screen to show whether or not profile targeting is enabled, the delay, and the target.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
mcortez

Re: 5.1.48.29

Post by mcortez »

5.1.48.29 / 3DxWare64_v10-5-13_r2933 / Space Pilot Pro (FW 4.11) / Win 10 / Elite Dangerous

Just uninstalled ControlMyJoystick 4.4x -- updated DxWare64 from 10.5.12 to 10.5.13, rebooted and installed CMJ 5.1.48.29

Created a new profile, enabled input for DxWare, turned on display so that I could see sliders move as I manipulate the control "wheel/knob", setup Voice Input, restarted CMJ

Went to Profile -> Enable Targets

Crashed to desktop, no error message

Opened again, Profile -> Enable Targets

Worked this time, got a checkbox next to it.

Went to Profile -> Edit Target

Crashes to desktop, no error. Happens every time. So can't setup E:D as a target.

If I try right clicking on a Joystick output and selecting "Bind Axis - Both" I get a "You must set and enable the profile target app first."

I setup a simple macro to type in the name of a star system, start E:D, go to the GalMap and use voice to execute the macro it works fine (YAY this never worked for me before!!!)

But if I go to E:D settings and try to bind the joystick, the binding doesn't work. I think I'm hearing the "Beep on Success" but I'm not sure, it's relatively soft - but E:D isn't registering the binding. If I manually manipulate the control wheel/knob E:D registers it - but I'm not sure if it's binding to the DxWare direct output, or if it's binding to the virtual joystick from CMJ
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

@mcortez - many thanks for the bug report. This is a weird one.

I tried to duplicate the errors you encountered but was not successful.

1) Updated my DxWare to the same version 10.5.13
2) Started CMJ 5.1.48.29.
3) Created an ED profile, enabled the target and set ED as the target.
3) Enabled DxWare, controller axis indicators showed motion as I moved the puck.
4) Enabled Voice input, restarted CMJ.
5) Selected the Rz axis in the output/joystick tab and did a voice 'Bind Axis Both' and it bound to the ED/Controls/Flight Rotation/Yaw ok. Binding with the menu shortcut worked also.

The insta-crashes without the error dialog is bizarre. Does the crash to desktop happen after you make a change in the Edit Target dialog, or when you open it? If it is after you have made a change, the only code really running is a saving the profile.

It could also be a bad CMJ theme. Try running a different CMJ theme and see what happens.

I have attached here a E:D profile with the Target already populated so that you can try it again if you like.
Elite Dangerous.cmjson
(25.12 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
Thanks again, and let me know how it goes!
mcortez

Post by mcortez »

So what was happening was that when I selected the Edit Targets menu option, it immediately dumped to desktop. No dialog opened.

Okay, stranger and stranger. I noticed that your order of operations was a little different from mine - you setup target, then enabled the DxWare & Voice inputs, were-as I had setup the inputs first then tried to setup the targets.

So I went ahead and disabled DxWare, then Voice. It prompted me to restart CMJ, which I did. I was then able to edit my target, dialog came open with list of applications and I was able to select E:D. Then re-enabled the inputs and everything is continuing to work without issues, I can edit, enable/disable targets without issues. I've also been able to bind everything up in E:D now without issues too.

So whatever it was, it was transient and gone now. The only thing that was different from what I could tell was the initial order of operations.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

Ok thanks for the update. I have a feeling that I have a really dumb bug in there somewhere that causes that crash to desktop, and I'll see if I can get it fixed for the next beta release.

>>I've also been able to bind everything up in E:D now without issues too.
The target would need to be entered and enabled for the binding to work properly.

Let me know if you run across anything else. I'm in the process of rebuilding my own E:D profile too.

You should be able to import your old E:D .cmj file and it'll get you close.

Cheers,
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

Ok, I think I have fixed the profile editor crash bug. The fix will be included in the next version 5.1.54.16 in several days.