Software seems to have broken NEF save to SD1

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

rickncn

Software seems to have broken NEF save to SD1

Post by rickncn »

I use the option to save NEW raw files to slot one and JPGS to slot 2. It is always on. It was on before installing the software and it's on now. I took a few shots just before installing CMN and it was still saving raw on card 1. RIght after connecting my D7000 to my new laptop and taking a few pictures, nef files stopped saving on card 1. Both cards saved JPG. The BIG problem is I did a photoshoot right after that of 400+ images and didn't know it. Now I have no raw NEF files of the shoot! I've tested it now the next day and I can't get the camera to save raw NEFs to slot 1 anymore. I change the menu setting "Role played by card in slot 2" back and forth to allow raw NEF saving but it has stopped working. I havent changed any other menu items recently. All I did with the software was install it, open it, connect camera, set D7000 and connect. Changed nothing else.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Software seems to have broken NEF save to SD1

Post by DevRuss »

ControlMyNikon does not contain any functionality to control which body card slot any images, including NEF, are saved to.

However, ControlMyNikon can set whether to capture NEF, NEF+JPG, or JPG. By default, ControlMyNikon's default profile is set to save to JPG only. When you connect with ControlMyNikon the first time, it will load the default profile and set the body to JPG only. This is probably why no NEF's were saved.

To resume saving NEF+JPG in slots 1 and 2 respectively, you'll need to set this on the body, or in ControlMyNikon.

Some more info:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3070494
Russ - Tetherscript Developer