saving files

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

chris stratton

saving files

Post by chris stratton »

Just trailing this soft ware, When you save a raw file can you save it with out saving a photoshop file as well ?
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: saving files

Post by DevRuss »

The .xmp sidecar will be save with a raw file. This sidecar file holds the IPTC data that CMN can add. This way the original raw file is never modified.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
Flav
Apprentice

Post by Flav »

Hi. So, I'd like to ask the same question since I wasn't totally clear on the answer. Can RAW files be saved without sidecar .xmp files? I'm evaluating whether or not we should purchase ControlMyNikon to use alongside a unique Java applet. The applet monitors the folder where images are sent and then renames them. However, having the extra .xmp files in there stops this from working. We add metadata later in Adobe Lightroom when the images are processed.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

The .xmp is created only if you have added IPTC tags in ControlMyNikon, otherwise it will not be created. Best to give the trial a go and see this in action.
Flav
Apprentice

Post by Flav »

Hi Russ, thanks for the reply. When I posted my question before, I had already been testing the evaluation version. Control My Nikon saves .xmp files by default. How do I turn it off? I never enabled IPTC tags, and I can't figure out how to disable them.
Flav
Apprentice

Post by Flav »

Also, I noticed that it's not saving IPTC data to the .xmp, only EXIF.
Attachments
Metadata screenshot.png
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

If there are IPTC tags defined in the ControlMyNikon Preferences screen, or by using the Batch workflow, or in the View/Metadata tab, it will inserted into the IPTC tags in .jpg files, and within the IPTC in .nef .xmp files.
Romuald

Post by Romuald »

Different saving times. Capturing time was 09:30 lokal time (PC system time). Why jpg & nef gets +1h on savings. Any suggestions?
Attachments
ControlMynikon_DifferentSavingTimes.JPG
ControlMynikon_DifferentSavingTimes.JPG (13.74 KiB) Viewed 8631 times