SpacePilot Pro, buttons keep getting stuck on.

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

KieraHarkon
Apprentice

SpacePilot Pro, buttons keep getting stuck on.

Post by KieraHarkon »

So i had to add the SpacePilot PRO 3Dmouse as an additional HID for CMJ because 3DxWare did not read button presses. I disabled the axis inputs from the Additional HID.
issue1.jpg
My issue is, the buttons are getting stuck turned on. In the 3Dconnexion configuration software, i set all the buttons to Disabled so they shouldn't interfere or do anything weird.
issue2.jpg
So the thing is, i have Joystick Test software, and the 3Dmouse isn't showing the button as being stuck on, but the Tetherscript Virtual Joystick however IS showing the button as being toggled on. And this problem is reflected in game.
issue3.jpg
How do i fix this so the buttons aren't getting toggled on, this is a huge problem. It's $30 software stacked on top of an already expensive $200+ controller. So not having this working is such a problem.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: SpacePilot Pro, buttons keep getting stuck on.

Post by DevRuss »

Hi,

3DxWare really needs to be where this is set up. Which version of 3DxWare are you using? Please post a text from the ControlMyJoystick log tab that shows app startup and connection to drivers and connection attempt to the controllers. I have the same controller here so I can troubleshoot.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
KieraHarkon
Apprentice

Re: SpacePilot Pro, buttons keep getting stuck on.

Post by KieraHarkon »

DevRuss wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:37 am Hi,

3DxWare really needs to be where this is set up. Which version of 3DxWare are you using? Please post a text from the ControlMyJoystick log tab that shows app startup and connection to drivers and connection attempt to the controllers. I have the same controller here so I can troubleshoot.
I found a workaround, at least for star citizen, and I'm using 5.4.17.79, paid version.
Star citizen supports multiple inputs, so it detects the spacepilot's own joystick emulator, I just set the deadzones on all the axis to 100%, and use it for the buttons.
Then u use the tetherscript's axis for ship movement. Since tetherscript didn't detect the buttons at all. It detects Z axis taps, but I haven't figured out how to do anything with those yet.

I have a different problem(s) now though which I need to figure out.
Problem 1:
Input range on the axis seem to be +/- 350 which for many axis feel like about half their total physicals range. So it's digitally maxing out well before physically doing so. So for someone like me that's trying to use it like a 6 axis joystick, hence "control my joystick" I can't make decent curves in CMJ or in game since it maxes out too soon.

Problem 2:
CMJ isn't detecting my arduino(teensy 2.0) joystick as HID input, even under show all devices. Windows detects it as a DxInput device, my joystick text software shows it, but CMJ doesn't. I just want to use CMJ to mitigate some of the jitter so I don't need to solder filtering caps or what ever onto this arduino.