Windows 11 Now Supported

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

DevRuss
Journeyman

Windows 11 Now Supported

Post by DevRuss »

So finally, ControlMyNikon does support Windows 11 in the most recent version available for download.

We held off on declaring it compatible with Windows 11 until we had more experience with Windows 11 and Win11 updates and the hardware combinations out there. It seems to be about as compatible as Windows 10, so you should experience few issues.

The only exception would be Windows 11 S, which only allows apps to be installed directly from the Windows App Store, which we don't use.

Cheers!
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
robby mac

Re: Windows 11 Now Supported

Post by robby mac »

I have recently upgraded to a Windows 11 desktop and manged to transfer my 'Control my Nikon' to the new unit - however I am encountering some problems - what would be the logical next step on my path to success ;)
nikon17

Post by nikon17 »

Hi there,

I am trying to setup ControlMyNikon on a new laptop. Prior to installing the software, I let Windows 11 complete all pending updates including "22H2".

I am unable to connect to the camera, have tried several cables and bodies. Previously had no issues on my old laptops/OS (Windows 8 and 10).

Can you confirm if the software works with the latest Windows 11 major update, 22H2? Thank you.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

1) Please check that you are not using the 'S' version of Windows 11 as it restricts what you can do, and only permits installs from the Microsoft Store (which ControlMyNikon is not on).
2) Win11 22H2 works good here with the most recent release of ControlMyNikon.

Does Windows recognize the camera when you connect it via USB? You should be able to see it in the Device Manager.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
nikon17

Post by nikon17 »

The Windows 11 is the regular "Home" version, not S. Windows does recognize the camera, it shows up in Device Manager/My Computer. I am using an authentic Nikon USB cable.

I have tried reinstalling the ControlMyNikon program with administrator rights to see if it makes a difference, however no luck. I will experiment more next week however in the meantime if you have any further suggestions please let me know.
nikon17

Post by nikon17 »

I am happy to report that installing the latest Visual C++ Redistributable (Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022) both x86 and x64 versions 14.34.xx has resolved the problem, and I am now able to connect to the camera with ControlMyNikon.

General specifications of the PC:
- HP Pavilion Laptop
- 12th gen i5 processor
- Windows 11 Home 22H2
Last edited by nikon17 on Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.