D780 no live view

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

ckphoto

D780 no live view

Post by ckphoto »

Hello,

Have been using the software for a while now with my D610. Today I tried to connect my D780 and when I go to live view it is a black square. CPU is windows 10 I tried a usb 3 and 2 port and multiple cords. Thank you for any help
BlockIV
Apprentice

Re: D780 no live view

Post by BlockIV »

Having the exact same problem, not live view just a black screen. Works fine with my D7200.

Looking forward to a response.

Cheers
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

If live view used to work with a particular body, but now just shows a black square, it could be:

1) The exposure settings on the camera are really dark. Go out of live view, adjust shutter speed, aperture or ISO so that it gives a brighter image that live view can see. Capture an image while not in live view - does it look ok in the image browser?
2) The ControlMyNikon live view layers may be set to hide the image, or the image opacity is set too low, making it transparent. Check the Layers tab.
3) Try switching it to non-GPU mode in the Preferences screen, in case the GPU mode's OpenGL drivers are messed up due to a Windows update.

Hope that helps!
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
jpongon

Post by jpongon »

Hello, I also have this problem, with other cameras I can use live view, but with the D780 I get a black screen with a red dot.
I have done everything they advised and I can't see the image, what's more, the mirror doesn't even go up like when I do it with the camera without connecting to the computer.
I'm using the free version to buy it but with these conditions I don't know if it's worth it
Greetings