Stud.io - Lego / BrickLink app

Add a topic per game or app along with any tips & tricks

Moderator: DevRuss

jamessauter

Stud.io - Lego / BrickLink app

Post by jamessauter »

Greetings everyone. I'm looking for some advice/help

I assume Russ is on here from time to time? I hope someone can lend a hand.

What I am trying to do seems very simple (in my head) however after watching all the videos on ControlMyJoystick... well, none of them really seem to have helped me with my needs very much. It's very possible it's just me.

Here is what I'm trying to do...
I use a program called Stud.io which is now owned by Lego. The program is sandbox of all the parts Lego has ever made, and is used for designing custom Lego models without needing all the actual parts to do the design work. I also use Solidworks and AutoCAD daily. So this is why I own a SapceMouse Pro. Stud.io does not have 3DX build it yet (and probably never will) I use Stud.io 4-12 hours a day, and I REALLY want the same functionality of the SpaceMouse in Stud.io. Studio seems to have been designed and built by gaming programmer, due to it ONLY being Nvidia render friendly. I have 3 AMD Firepro GPU's I use for Solidworks, and had to buy a 3090fe just to get Studio to stop using the CPU to run renders. So now I use a 4-GPU setup. AMD for Solidworks and the 3090 for Studio.

To start, I want to get the gimbal working in Studio, and for it to:
Pan L-R
Pan F-B
Roll L-B
Roll F-R
Rotate L-R
Zoom In-Out
...exactly the same as it works in Solidworks.

All of these functions work in Studio already via mouse movements:
Pan L-R = Mouse Wheel Hold + moving the mouse L-R (and-or) Shift + Left Mouse Button Hold + moving the mouse L-R
Pan U-D = Mouse Wheel Hold + moving the mouse U-D (and-or) Shift + Left Mouse Button Hold + moving the mouse U-D
Rotate L-R = Mouse Right Button hold + moving the mouse L-R (and-or) Control + Left Mouse Button Hold + moving the mouse L-R
Rotate U-D = Mouse Right Button hold + moving the mouse U-D (and-or) Control + Left Mouse Button Hold + moving the mouse U-D
Zoom = Mouse Scroll Wheel F-B

Can someone please help me to get this working??

Here is a link to the FREE Studio program download if that's any help.
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

Looking forward to a reply :)
Thanks,
James