Axes pinned full negative for all HID devices

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Paranoia

Axes pinned full negative for all HID devices

Post by Paranoia »

First off, I absolutely love this software and the 3DxWare functionality alone has made me a believer and supporter. Recently though it occurred to me that it might also allow me to eliminate the need for several other pieces of control software, specifically for the Griffin Powermate and Contour ShuttleXpress.

Both are seen by CMJ just fine, with all buttons and axes visible, but the wheels on both are slammed to full negative values as soon as they are touched, allowing for movement in only the positive direction before snapping right back to full negative. The same behavior is seen with the SpaceNavigator in HID mode, for what it's worth.

Would fully understand if this is just a limitation of the hardware and/or Windows' handling of the axis values, but the fact that it gets so close to working makes me wonder if it might be something fixable within CMJ; unlocking a massive extra dimension of functionality.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Axes pinned full negative for all HID devices

Post by DevRuss »

Not sure if those devices meet the full HID joystick spec. Do they respond properly in the Windows settings joystick applet? They could be reporting under the HID multimedia controller spec with a some joystick HID logic to handle the buttons.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer