shooting HDR-alternative to save to computer?

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

studioksr

shooting HDR-alternative to save to computer?

Post by studioksr »

Hi,

I use a small laptop to run Control my Nikon tethering software when shooting HDR mode to document artwork. My laptop runs out of storage quickly so I have to stop shooting and clear space. this is a major problem when I am not in my studio.

The software doesn't seem to allow me to save only to the SD card on my camera when in HDR mode -- I don't understand why this is required. I always choose save to computer and SD card so that I can quickly transfer the shots to my desktop computer.

Is there any way to by pass this -- or -- would the software consider a USB storage drive as part of the computer if its plugged in?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Katherine
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: shooting HDR-alternative to save to computer?

Post by DevRuss »

Hi Katherine,

>>The software doesn't seem to allow me to save only to the SD card on my camera when in HDR mode
The HDR workflow requires that images are immediately transferred to ControlMyNikon for review. If your camera is capable, you may see that you can save to body only, computer, or both. However, if it is set to body only, the HDR workflow is disabled. I can see your point that this gets in the way if you are low on storage space on the computer though.

So there is no workaround for this. We'll look at providing a workaround in the next version, due out this summer.

>>would the software consider a USB storage drive as part of the computer if its plugged in?
Yes, but be sure to use a USB3 drive if possible because a slow drive can cause problems with ControlMyNikon saving to it.

Cheers,
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
studioksr

Re: shooting HDR-alternative to save to computer?

Post by studioksr »

Thanks Russ, I appreciate the fast reply! I am SO glad to know this will be added and updated this summer, its been really frustrating! That will be a big help.