Problem with two identical devices

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Starswept_Dusk

Problem with two identical devices

Post by Starswept_Dusk »

Hi there! My most recent use of Controlmyjoystick is an attempt to bind two dance pads simultaneously. I did however run into an issue while doing this. I can add both of these devices individually, they both function and are talking to Controlmyjoystick. But I cannot add both. I add one, it works, i try to add the other, and it refuses to add it. They both appear on the add input list under the two identically named entries. I can add one or the other, but not both at the same time. Do you know of a way i could get around this problem?

I should say i'm posting here because none of your contact forms on the site seem to work at the moment.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Problem with two identical devices

Post by DevRuss »

Many thanks for this question, and the heads-up about the support forums (this has been fixed).

Currently in CMJ you can't have multiple identical (make/model) devices. The only way to reliably identify these are to use the USB ports they are plugged in to, but if we use this, you can't move the device to another port. So I'm still trying to come up with a solution for this. The HID specs actually have serial number support, but few manufacturers use it.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer