Dev: Your Thoughts on Mouse Scripting

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

DevRuss
Journeyman

Dev: Your Thoughts on Mouse Scripting

Post by DevRuss »

Note: This functionality may be included in 5.5.54.40 and later.

I have completed the new relative mouse driver and add a script action to move the mouse by a relative position while optionally pressing mouse buttons. I have some test mouse recording code up and running that we could use to playback mouse and mouse button movements. I need to better understand how this type of script may be of use:

So far I have heard of:
1) Be able to emulate mouse movement and be able to keep a mouse button pressed while the movement is occurring (like holding the middle button down while scrolling around).

...so please tell me below how you may use it, or any other mouse features you would like.

DevRuss
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
akaAlso

Re: Dev: Your Thoughts on Mouse Scripting

Post by akaAlso »

I think this is the feature needed to complete my attempt to get my Spacemouse fully working in Twinmotion.
I see they have released an Unreal Editor plugin with the new 10.7.1 driver, but no reports of success yet, and I'm not sure how long it might be before it's added for Twinmotion.

The middle and right mouse button are used to pivot around a fixed point in the X & Y axis, so would look to be what's lacking at the moment to be able to navigate one handed.