CMJ Profile / 3dxware Profile connection

Got an idea for a great new feature? Let's hear it!

Moderator: DevRuss

matzejo
Apprentice

CMJ Profile / 3dxware Profile connection

Post by matzejo »

Current Situation:
After every reboot the Profile in %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\profiles
Gets overwritten with standard values for the buttons. My workaround is to modifiy the file with notepad+ and set writepotection.

My proposal:
The posibility to add for an specific profile in CMJ an specific 3dxware profile (i adjust the minidisplay informations on my spacepilot pro for the different games ;)
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: CMJ Profile / 3dxware Profile connection

Post by DevRuss »

Is Windows actually touching the controlmyjoystick.xml file in that folder? I can see that adding write protection to this file on the installation would be helpful. I would suspect that when you run the 3dconnexion profile editor applet and change something, it overwrites the controlmyjoystick.xml file if you already have controlmyjoystick running.

>>(i adjust the minidisplay informations on my spacepilot pro for the different games
Curious, what do you adjust? I thought the enterprise only had the minidisplay lcd thing, or are you talking the popup display when you hit a function key?
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
matzejo
Apprentice

Post by matzejo »

>>(i adjust the minidisplay informations on my spacepilot pro for the different games
Curious, what do you adjust? I thought the enterprise only had the minidisplay lcd thing, or are you talking the popup display when you hit a function key?

I have the HP Spacepilot (the old one:). Basicly i bind inside the 3dxware window a new macro with an random key. Naming the macro with a name of my choice (landing gear for example). Then open the profile file with notepad+ and delete the key binding inside the code. So only CMJ is listening to the buttons.
matzejo
Apprentice

Post by matzejo »

-> I create a 3dxWare Profile for CMJ in the Connexion Software by adding custom Macro´s with my names to the Buttons. After that i open the 3dxWare Profile xml with notepad+ and delete the key bindings in the code. Then set writeprotection.

;)
DevRuss
Journeyman

Post by DevRuss »

I haven't really tested CMJ in combination with editing the .xml manually or with the 3dconnexion editor. My thoughts during developing CMJ was - 'who needs the LCD display, really?'

I may need to revisit this and support custom labels for the LCD screen in a future version of CMJ.

As for the overwriting of the .xml on reboot, maybe copy the .xml you want to use to another folder, then run a batch file after boot to copy and replace the changed .xml in the original folder.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer