Voice commands wildcards and audio input source

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

1L2P

Voice commands wildcards and audio input source

Post by 1L2P »

Hi,

I just discovered this fabulous software. It changed my life using Microsoft Flight Simulator in VR, using all 3DConnexion devices options and multiple voice commands. Almost no more mouse needed! :mrgreen:

Regarding Microsoft Speech recognition, is it possible to uses some wildcards "%" (optional word) and composite commands [CMD1|CMD2|...] instead of creating multiple and quite similar voice triggers?
Something like :
Light on [%|the] cabin
[Turn on|Activate] landing lights
[Turn on|Activate|Set] [%|the] landing lights [%|on]

I also have a small issue. When I switch to VR, the active audio input switches from the monitor display microphone to the helmet microphone. So I have to restart CMJ again. As only current active inputs are available/shown in the Voice Configuration panel, I can't tell CMJ to always listen to the VR helmet microphone. Is there an option to force it anyway?

Thanks again for your great piece of software.

Kind Regards, Philippe.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Voice commands wildcards and audio input source

Post by DevRuss »

The voice wildcards are a good idea, but we don't have any plans to add this feature. Maybe if we have more requests for this we'll revisit it.

>> I can't tell CMJ to always listen to the VR helmet microphone. Is there an option to force it anyway?
Your solution of starting CMJ after switching to VR is pretty well the only workaround. We'll look at this issue for the next version.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
1L2P

Re: Voice commands wildcards and audio input source

Post by 1L2P »

Thank you for your reply.

Hope you'll have other requests for wildcards & custom's grammars ;) I think these are available features in the Microsoft Speech APIs.

Regarding the audio input I disabled the automatic switching to the helmet mic in Windows Mixed Reality settings. So the desktop mic is always used by CMJ even in VR.

I thought that It was possible to bind a push to talk entry in the CMJ Voice Configuration Panel, but it's a toggle function.

Anyway, I used AutoHotKey to do that with a very simple script I wrote. When I press the joystick fire button, the global output audio level is reduced (to limit background noise and improve voice recognition) and the mic is unmuted. It is then muted again when fire button is released.

If push to talk and lowering volume options could be natively integrated into CMJ that would also be interesting. Could this also avoid having the voice recognition process permanently active even with the microphone muted?

I can not live without CMJ! :mrgreen: