Nikon D500 menu settings - "Preparing Your Camera"

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Spaceboy5367

Nikon D500 menu settings - "Preparing Your Camera"

Post by Spaceboy5367 »

Sent a message to support on Friday. As I wait for a response I thought I'd try here as well. Under "Preparing Your Camera" in the "Getting Started" portion of the Knowledge Base there isn't a specific section for the D500 so I tried to follow the directions under "All bodies (or if your body is not listed below)". The Customs Settings Menu on the D500 is massive so I've tried to determine what settings to change based on the bullet points and I'm having some difficulty with 3 of the 4 below. Is there anyone here who has a D500 and could dictate specifically which settings in the menu to make?

- Set the focus mode so that focus is not required to trigger the shutter. To test, you should be able to trigger the shutter while the lens cap is on (and the body is unable to focus). Set this while not in live view, and also in live view as they are two separate settings. -- I tested this and was able to trigger the shutter with the lens cap on (probably because I have my camera set up with back button focus?). The two separate settings in live view I'm not sure about

- Set the live view timeout/monitor off setting to the maximum value, or unlimited. -- This one I was able to find and set (C4)

- Set the live view focus box size to the smallest size available. -- Not sure about this one

- If the body supports it, set the live view exposure preview to enabled. -- Not sure about this one

Bought this program on 2/4 and I'm eager to get this up and running asap but want to make sure all the settings are correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.