Focus Stacking Without File Transfer to PC

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Ericjt

Focus Stacking Without File Transfer to PC

Post by Ericjt »

Is it possible to shoot a focus stack set of images without ControlMyCanon automatically transferring the camera's images to my PC?

What I would like to do is shoot the focus stack sequence and have it only save to my camera's SD card thereby making the capture faster overall.....I would transfer the stack(s) later by taking the SD card and plugging it into my PC's card reader. Thx in advance for any suggestions.

Eric
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Focus Stacking Without File Transfer to PC

Post by DevRuss »

Note: This also applies to ControlMyNikon.

>>Is it possible to shoot a focus stack set of images without ControlMyCanon automatically transferring the camera's images to my PC?
Yes, but it won't make an appreciable difference. It will still take at least 2 seconds to save on the card per image, which is approximately the transfer time anyways. Plus, you won't be able to see the progress of the stack and perhaps cancel it if looks wrong. So, best to just let it transfer I think.

Also, try to use the focus stacking Preview button so you can see what the final stack will look like just using the live view stream images which you can then stack. Low quality images for sure, but fast, fast, fast rather than waiting for a full stack capture and processing.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer