If using 3dconnexxion devices, use this driver version

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

DevRuss
Journeyman

If using 3dconnexxion devices, use this driver version

Post by DevRuss »

Use the older version of the DxWare 64-bit drivers at

https://3dconnexion.com/us/archived-dri ... s-10-64bit

Drivers from 10.6.4 up to 10.6.8 work, but newer drivers don't because 3dconnexion made major changes to the SDK without letting anyone know about it.

In the next version of ControlMyJoystick, we'll just bypass the drivers entirely and read the HID values directly.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
bookmann

Re: If using 3dconnexxion devices, use this driver version

Post by bookmann »

Question regarding old drivers/discontinued devices:

I'm running 10.4.10 to keep my SpacePilot (FW: 4.05) going. Would these still play nice with CMJ?

I realize they aren't 10.6.4-10.6.8, didn't know if older broke compatibility or was simply unverified/untested.

Thanks.

***NOTE*** - After submitting I stumbled across the demo in steam, and can confirm the older drivers DO work with the old SpacePilot.
Last edited by bookmann on Sat May 20, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
4GibMe

Re: If using 3dconnexxion devices, use this driver version

Post by 4GibMe »

Before I upgrade, I have questions.

-I am using a 3Dconnexions Space Pilot original.
- With 3Dconnexion drivers 10-4-10 (Which is the only drivers that marry Control My Joystick to the Space Pilot).
-All buttons are programed to (Application Use) in 3D's software. Which allows me fully program the Space Pilot as intended.
-Everything is running smooth and problem free.

-Knowing the Space Pilot was never intended to be supported, would it be worth my time to upgrade to the new Control My Joystick drivers?.
I want to stay current. But, the combo has become so enjoyable to use that I really don't want to break anything.

All this hype about Analogue keyboards. Try using one of these setups. You'll never go back.

-Also, what sort of future will there be for the Space Pilot once the bypass drivers are created? I know at some point I'm going to have to upgrade. But, the quality of build in these 3D controllers puts PC gaming devices to shame.

Thanks for your time on this project. Both past and future.

Oh, and greetings from North Vancouver, B.C.

Paul.
Last edited by 4GibMe on Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.