resolution issue with firmware update 1.6 in the Z7II

Got an idea for a great new feature? Let's hear it!

Moderator: DevRuss

IMR implant doc

resolution issue with firmware update 1.6 in the Z7II

Post by IMR implant doc »

I have been using CMN for several years very successfully for both focus stacking and tethered to my clinical microscope. I have been using a Z7II on the microscope but I upgraded the firmware to 1.6 from 1.5 in November which created an issue with access of the three levels of resolution in the JPG settings in CMN. The only choice allowed for JEG fine is 1920x1080. To confirm what actually created the problem, I rented a Z7II with the 1.5 firmware and the resolution problem disappeared. All back to normal as expected, with the choice of three file size levels. Definitely, Nikon changed more than published and I'm very sorry I did this, in the pursuit of better exposure control. I wanted to warn other users of this issue and hopefully not fall into this rabbit hole as it has created disconnect bug in CMN software. I will be contacting Nikon tomorrow to investigate my options of sending the camera in and having the original 1.5 firmware reinstalled, as I believe CMN is basically indispensable.

I'm currently running Windows 10 with CMN 5.6.98.99.

Charlie