No game binding with SpaceMouse Pro

Add a topic per game or app along with any tips & tricks

Moderator: DevRuss

Mickey13

No game binding with SpaceMouse Pro

Post by Mickey13 »

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed ControlMyJoystick.(CMJ)
I want to scroll in a game with the SpaceMouse Pro but nothing happens...

First I open the game and check if the W, S,A and D keys scroll, that is ok.
Then in CMJ I make a new profile with the name of the game. Edit Target-> I choose the game(game is still open).
Settings:
Axis- TX
Enabled-Yes
Digital-Yes
DChar- -A
DChar+ -D

Axis- TY
Enabled-Yes
Digital-Yes
DChar- -S
DChar+ -W
Nothing happens in the game when using the Spacemouse Pro(no scrolling)

What am I doing wrong, please help..... :x :roll:
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: No game binding with SpaceMouse Pro

Post by DevRuss »

This is a great issue to post to the forum, and I'll just copy the solution from our email discussion here:

------------------------------------

Many thanks for your patience in getting this all up and running. Your question about DNUP etc is a good one, and the most confusing part of CMJ.\

>> The problem was that I used W_DNUP instead of W_UP in the edit screen. That was confusing to me. What is the meaning of DNUP, DN and UP?
On a physical keyboard, a keystroke consists of pressing it down (DN), and later releasing it (UP). Down and Up.

In CMJ, in a keypress macro script command, we can tell it to press and hold a key (DN), or press it and release it immediately (DNUP).

However, in the digital joystick setup in the curves editor screen, we never use the UP. The W_DN you provide will be sent when you first move the controller along an axis, and CMJ will sent the corresponding W_UP to the keyboard driver to cancel the keypress when the controller axis returns to the center position.

Russ Beuker at Tetherscript helpdesk

-----------------------------------

I mean I changed to W_DN not W_UP ....

Hi Russ,
Thank you for your reply, it’s working now, I have one last question, please.
The problem was that I used W_DNUP instead of W_UP in the edit screen. That was confusing to me. What is the meaning of DNUP, DN and UP?
It takes a lot of fine-tuning to get it working, but that is ok.

In CMJ, can you see the axis move when you move the spacemouse along the axis? If so, then I would suggest:

Use RX, RY instead of TX and TY. It will be easier to scroll around.

You should be able to run this tutorial 09 first in Notepad, then try it in the game. It will work. Also check tutorial 14.

Russ
Russ - Tetherscript Developer