Can CMJ used together with supported 3D software?

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Framed_Previz90

Can CMJ used together with supported 3D software?

Post by Framed_Previz90 »

CMJ is by far best companion software to the Spacemouse (shame on you 3DX)

There is allot to like about your software
-Great documentation
-built for power users
- Single, double, triple tap for 3DX devices
- Custom graphs for the knob
-Beautifull, modern UI

I am not a gamer. I am a 3D modeller and animation artist.
I wan to use the spacemouse to navigate in 3D programs that officially support it, such as Maya Or Photoshop and use ControlmMyJoystick features on top of that. So as to enchance it.

or even to use it interchangeably, switching profiles quickly to toggle between 3D navigation and hotkey triggering mode

I took advantage of your trial, while all of the features of your software worked. I was not able to use the Spacemouse as I usually could in Maya or Photoshop as long as CMJ was running.

Is it just me and my computer or you dont support this?
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Can CMJ used together with supported 3D software?

Post by DevRuss »

In ControlMyJoystick, when the software starts it tries to open exclusive use of the spacemouse (so no other programs can use it at the same time). This will cause problems in apps like Maya that internally support the spacemouse.

As a workaround, in ControlMyJoystick, go to the Input/3DxWare menu and disable 3Dxware support. Now when ControlMyJoystick starts, it won’t attempt to open the spacemouse exclusively, or at all. You can still use voice macros to help control Maya, but that’s all. Now the spacemouse should work in Maya, but without all the nice spacemouse curves/macros and such as found in ControlMyJoystick.

Not a great solution. It really is up to the Maya developers to offer more spacemouse feature support.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer