Simultaneous connection to two cameras

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

MikeLearmonth

Simultaneous connection to two cameras

Post by MikeLearmonth »

I regularly use two Nikon cameras simultaneously, either a D300 and D300s or a pair of Z6s, for stereo photography. Microsoft windows recognizes that there are two cameras plugged into the computer and turned on, but I can't seem to get ControlMyNikon to switch to/control the second camera, even when they are two different cameras (that is the D300 and D300s). Is there any way to direct ControlMyNikon which camera to connect to?

Mike Learmonth
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: Simultaneous connection to two cameras

Post by DevRuss »

Simultaneous camera connections is not possible. This is a limitation of the Nikon SDK, which ControlMyNikon uses.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer
rafiki

Post by rafiki »

I have the same question, but I am using two Canon 60D cameras.

Everything seems to be working beautifully, but I need to run two at a time. I know it is possible because I can do it with digiCamControl. Unfortunately, that software is so full of bugs that I finally gave up and came here.

Perhaps if there was a way to run two instances of the program.

The problem is, when both cameras are connected, the program automatically selects the first one. There is now way to choose.

Thanks.
<Gilbert-DC>
Apprentice

Post by <Gilbert-DC> »

I am using version 4.3 and 5.3 simultaneous with 2 camera's (D750 and D800) (Wind 10) , was working well for years, the images are going to 2 different folders, but since some time version 4.3 sometimes has difficulties to recognise the (D800) camera.
Often, uninstall and re-install version 4.3 helps
Is it possible to run 5.3 and the new version in parrallel ?
Thanks
<Gilbert-DC>
Apprentice

Post by <Gilbert-DC> »

door het oude V4.3 en de nieuwe V5.3 te installeren kan je met 2 camera's naast elkaar werken.
Doe ik al jaren met goed resultaat
Eerst D800 inschakelen en V4.3 de camera laten zoeken
Daarna D750 inschakelen en V5.3 de camera laten zoeken

Ik weet echter niet als ik een nieuwe versie V5.5 naar de oude V5.3 kan installeren