acceleration curves

Post your question or observations here.

Moderator: DevRuss

Maxx

acceleration curves

Post by Maxx »

Hi Russ, I am writing to ask if it would be possible to have someone from your team release some software specifically for acceleration curves for dx input devices, eg, joysticks. I haven't had any success putting my cougar stick or virpil stick in CMJ and getting any output. I confess that I haven't read any posts lately concerning the latest releases, rather I use 4.3 for the additional data provided on the curve graphs.
I absolutely swear by your curve program and reccomend it to all I know. I just wish there was a standalone piece of software for my joystick friends to use. If you're capable of producing such an app, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Thanks for reading all this drivel.
DevRuss
Journeyman

Re: acceleration curves

Post by DevRuss »

This may be possible in the most recent version of CMJ as you can now map joystick inputs, apply a curve, and then send it to the CMJ joystick output.

Being able to apply a curve to a Virpil controller, and then have that curve used in a game that you set an axis to map to the real Virpil axis (not the CMJ joystick driver) is not possible because we can't code in-between the HID driver output and the game joystick inputs.
Russ - Tetherscript Developer